Thursday, 8 May 2014

Most epic tantrums ever


Now if you've clicked into this link thinking: Tantrums! Pah! My sproglet can out epic tantrum her sproglet any day of the week. Bring. It. On.

Well sorry to disappoint (and my mini ones can take on yours with their arms tied behind their backs) but this is more about my (ahem) tantrums and childish behaviour.

We all have them. Little incidents were we metaphorically stamp our feet to huge fire-breathing random rages. Here are my most epic ones EVER.



The lie in tantrum

The catalyst: It is your turn for a lie in. You know this as this information is more precious to you than your son’s birth date. Your man seems to have forgotten and is in no rush to stir as the baby shouts “yo yo yo rat fans” or some other nonsense from the cot. You can’t open your eyes because if you do then you are bloody awake and then WHAT IS THE POINT. You try subtly kicking him. Then coughing. Then pulling off the duvet. Quick there is singing coming from the girl’s room. Now the boy is shouting: “Mummy do you want to hear my dream about willies?” They are all waking up now except this lump beside me.

The rage line you want to shout: OI (insert sweary word of choice) IT IS YOUR TURN TO GET UP. QUICK QUICK YOU  (insert sweary word of choice) BEFORE I OPEN MY EYES!

The solution: Remember he is going out with his friends tonight. Whisper “darling shall I get up with the babies now and I will have a lie in tomorrow instead. I really don't mind. Oh hang on you might be a bit worse for wear…… never mind my sweet you rest now. You can have mega fun with them all at 6am tomorrow.” Never will you see a man move so fast.

The tidy/repeat/tidy/repeat tantrum

The catalyst: It is Saturday afternoon – your friend with no kids said she might pop in. Just in case you need to bring some order to your home. You start in the kitchen by actually drying the dishes and putting them away. Then you scoop up school letters/homework and hide them so that they can never be found again (just blame the kids for losing them). Move to living room. Throw toys in boxes, polish and hoover. Take stray plastic cups that were having a party under the TV unit into the kitchen. Alas someone has made a sandwich and left all the crap all over the place. Sigh loudly and tidy away. Come back into living room and someone has decided to play book shop all over the floor. Pick up books. Back again into the kitchen and someone has walked mud in. Into the living room and the (insert sweary word of choice) Lego is out.

The rage line you want to shout: WHY AM I GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES PICKING UP AFTER YOU  (insert sweary word of choice)!

The solution: Ring friend and tell her to not wear her glasses. Better still say you will meet her in beer garden at top of the road.

The Facebook tantrum

The catalyst: You are sitting on the couch in a manky old tee-shirt and PJ bottoms from four Christmases ago feeling slightly ill having just polished of a whole Easter egg (telling yourself they are thinner this year). You couldn't feel less sexier if you tried but then you click on Facebook. Suddenly every fecker has got dressed up and gone out on the tiles. You see pictures of an old school friend’s friend’s sister looking gorg and drinking swanky cocktails in some hotel bar. Then you scroll down and someone else (who you worked with 12 years ago) is also sat in a bar surrounded by model mates giving a thumbs up.

The rage line you want to shout: WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE LIVES APART FROM ME?! WHY IS EVERYONE MORE GLAMOROUS? WHY AM I NOT OUT WEARING WHISTLES STUFF AND DRINKING GREY GOOSE! HEY HEY!

The solution: Ring/text some friends and make some vague plans about going out that you know you’ll never keep.

The "just because" tantrum

The catalyst: Nothing. You are just in A. Bad. Mood. Okay. OKAY! Everything is annoying you from the fact you haven’t sat down all day, no one ate their tea and the husband is working late. You have to bath small people and dry them and dress them and read stories and change bums and give milk before you have a bit of peace and a small large glass of wine. You want to punch Maka Paka in the pucker and stick pins in Upsy Daisy’s eyes. Don't even get me started on Tracy Beaker who creeps onto our TV like a shame-faced stay-out after the cbeebies bedtime song.

The rage line you want to shout: ARGGHHHHHHHHH. I WANT AN AU PAIR - IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?

The solution:  Sort the baby out sharpish then bribe the older two to go to bed at 6pm with a mini Mars bar and copy of the Beano.


Me in mirror. Me in head.

The changing room tantrum

The catalyst: You have a thing to go to and you want to look fabulous, good, a bit better than you normally look, not scare people when you leave the house. So off you trot to the town centre wondering whether you should channel Emma Willis or Holly Willybooby. Six changing rooms later with a bored baby who seriously can’t face one more flash of fat bum, you are both losing the will to live.

The rage line you want to shout: WHY DID SOMEONE FORCE FEED ME THAT EASTER EGG? WHY DOES NOTHING FIT OR IF IT DOES WHY DO I LOOK LIKE A FAT FRUMP? YOU GANG OF (insert sweary word of choice).

The solution: Leave Top Shop now – face facts it is not for you anymore. Side step Miss Selfridge. Wallis is more your game now or Bon Marche.  Screw it - go get cake and then just buy new shoes. Everyone is a super model in new shoes.


Gabe says: "My eyes. My eyes. Please never wear THAT OUTFIT!"
Post Comment Love

20 comments:

  1. Oh I can relate to all of these! Especially the lie-in tantrum, I hate being woken up early and yet unfortunately have been blessed with two early risers. He claims that he is sleeping through the early morning chatter/wails but I'm not convinced that he's not pretending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I reckon he is pretending too haha - needs a prod x

      Delete
  2. Umm, oh Alison, you've pretty much described my day today!! I've had one of each ;) I'm going to print this out and stick it to the fridge as a handy reference guide for the Hub. Loved this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma - I love a good tantrum me :) xx

      Delete
  3. YES!!! Have done all of there things very recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good girl - that's what I like to hear xx

      Delete
  4. Ha ha I love this Alison. I had the Tidy/Repeat rage on last weekend when our friends were coming over (pretty much the only time our house gets an intense clear up!). It also gave me the "Just Because" rage for the entire morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite rage is the "just because" :) xx

      Delete
  5. Have been having tantrums all morning because kids got up earlier than usual and have had nonstop requests since then. This post is cheering me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are they so needy - don't they know we need to watch Revenge on catch up haha x

      Delete
  6. OMG! I just realized that I had all of this tantrums! So funny tho. I had had a few visitors who was met outside of the house rather than in! Those lego toys gRRrrrr. Love this! #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never let people in - did I not teach you anything ;) xx

      Delete
  7. This is genius! I am so guilty of wanting to punch Maka Paka in the pucker and stick pins in Upsy Daisy’s eyes. And the changing room tantrum - don't go there. It's too painful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changing rooms are hell on earth - even when I was skinny - what is that all about? xx

      Delete
  8. Love it and relate to them all especially the lie in tantrum! Does nothing wake that man? #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should start using cold water ;) xx

      Delete
  9. Hahaha! I am SOOOO with you on the changing room tantrum. Why does my body never actually look like it does in my head and why do I always pick up clothes I believe will fit me when they don't?! Thank you for linking to PoCoLo :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a conspiracy by weight watchers xx

      Delete
  10. Hahhaa I love THIS!!! As always you write amazingly and have me nodding in agreement and laughing all the time. Mostly at myself here. I thought my two year old did tantrums well but it turns out I throw more tantrums then he does on a daily basis!!! hahahahahahah Love it. Glad I am not the only one. Greatly written hunny. Greatly put! Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me I look forward to your post each week appreciate all the blog support!!! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Jenny. I love your comments. xxx

      Delete